Senior Internal Auditor
A vacant position has arisen for a position of Senior Internal Auditor. The role reports to the Assistant Manager – Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance. The position will be based at Corporate Division, Finance department – Internal Control section at the Head Office.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the Company has developed and implemented effective internal controls environment, that is able to detect and prevent frauds, and conduct objective investigations.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
- Take responsibility for the company control work program
- Ensure full adherence to PACI controls across all business units
- Develop and implement a comprehensive internal audit strategy, including annual audit plans, risk assessments, and audit methodologies.
- Conduct routine internal control reviews and reporting of headquarters, branches and department based on the risk assessment, annual plan and PACI controls.
- Test the strength of controls especially for high-risk areas.
- Maintain an inventory of controls and map them to key risk areas
- Update of internal control documentation, walkthrough and test controls required to meet the annual attestation.
- Conduct continuous systems analysis of transactions, data and activities for any red flags and identifying any trends that could be an indicator of potential fraud or internal controls override
- Prepare concise and well-structured audit reports that highlight findings, risks, and recommendations in a clear and actionable manner.
- Present audit results to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with auditees, providing guidance on control improvements and addressing any concerns or questions.
- Follow up of audit issues with management and report the status of remediation monthly.
- Coordinate with all departments to ensure each department has an Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) in place which is approved by the head of business unit.
- Assist in the roll out and training of staff on key SOP requirements.
- Perform periodic process walk through to ensure compliance to approved SOPs.
- Conduct forensic audits and investigations on any allegations involving fraud, waste, abuse, bribery, corruption, harassment, abuse, breach of law, and other misconduct.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Business, or related field
- CPA (K) or ACCA
- Professional qualification in CISA, Forensics will be an added advantage
Minimum level of experience and competencies required to perform effectively in the role
- Ten years of audit experience in an organisation of similar size and complexity
- Basic knowledge of ERPS
- Good understanding of risk management and controls
- Understanding of government policies related to risk
*We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 4th September 2023.
To apply for this position, please fill the form below